Talk

Advanced search

How to make a book?

(8 Posts)
Again Wed 13-Aug-08 21:45:53

I'd like to make a board book for my ds with photos of us and the family, or with things he has seen etc. Do you know of any websites that I can do this from? Or have any other advice? I guess I could craft one together too.

Lucifera Thu 14-Aug-08 13:43:43

My friends made a beautiful book for their son, I saw it last night. They used Photobox, apparently you can get a reduction via MN website.

quickdrawmcgraw Thu 14-Aug-08 13:47:40

I did the same thing for dd when she was small. I just used a mini photo album. I took photos of her teddies and stuff from around the house and she LOVED it. Photobox is good, you could also try Lulu.com

jammi Thu 14-Aug-08 22:40:50

Message withdrawn

Again Fri 15-Aug-08 16:02:32

Thanks guys. Was it a board book Lucifera? Can't seem to see one on the websites. I guess I can ask them anyway.

Lucifera Fri 15-Aug-08 16:13:44

no sorry Again, it wasn't a board book, it had kind of plastic pages - not tearable - my friends' son is past the chewing stage.

Aniyan Fri 15-Aug-08 16:22:17

I made books for ds when he was little, with pictures of him & our family, and some photo-stories of days out and things he liked to do.

I printed photos & text, stuck them onto thick card, covered pages with clear sticky-backed plastic (guess who wanted to be a Blue Peter presenter when she grew up grin), then got them spiral-bound at a photo-copying place in town. You could use thinner card & get the pages laminated for something really sturdy.

Ds loved them & I'm glad I made the effort as we still treasure them.

TeeBee Wed 20-Aug-08 15:49:45

I bought a cheep laminator from Tchibo and a spiral binder from Staples. We have made loads of books like this, my DS (5 years old) really enjoys writing his own and gives them as presents to his friends and teachers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now