Talk

Advanced search

what do you do with your DC's comics??

(12 Posts)
mckenzie Sun 03-Aug-08 11:37:39

I have a huge pile of comics that MIL buys the DCs each week. Favourites, Bob teh builder, Tweenies and Match etc. I could recycle them with the rubbish but is there somewhere I could take them where the would be re-read do you think? What do you do with yours?

TIA

cornsilk Sun 03-Aug-08 11:39:16

we save them and they re-read them after a few months.

mckenzie Sun 03-Aug-08 11:43:40

trouble is cornsilk, there are LOADS of them! I dont think i have had a clear out in about 2 years. 2 comics each week times by 52 weeks times by 2 years = too many comics to keep!!

LazyLinePainterJane Sun 03-Aug-08 11:45:46

Would the doctors want them? or a toddler group?

cornsilk Sun 03-Aug-08 11:45:48

LOL! We only get them now and again. Is there anyone down your street who'd want to read them? Maybe put an ad in the local newsagents about giving them away - someone will want them!

mckenzie Sun 03-Aug-08 16:16:03

my Dm has just suggested the children's ward at the local hospital. Does anyone know if it's possible they would want them?
Our sugesry waiting room is tiny LLPJ, I don't think they would want them because of teh space issue.

Seeline Sun 03-Aug-08 16:18:52

We re-use ours by cutting them up to make collages, cards etc. I know it is really only delaying the recycling but at least I feel that we get full value for money!!

mckenzie Sun 03-Aug-08 17:42:07

I'm having a huge declutter today Seeline and can't bring myself to keep them all. DD is curently making a small pile of the ones she would like to keep but DS is adamant that I can get rid of all of his. I might keep back the recent ones as I think he might be being a bit rash (wonder where he gets it from grin)

EustaciaVye Mon 11-Aug-08 11:01:00

Freecycle them,

choccypig Mon 11-Aug-08 11:03:00

We sometimes use them to wrap birthday presents, and cut out bits to make birthday cards.

mymblemummy Tue 12-Aug-08 00:28:18

My GP's practice is always grateful for comics. They get lots of magazines for adults but hardly anything for children. I suppose dentists might want them for their waiting rooms too.

Dynamicnanny Tue 12-Aug-08 17:10:49

I make up travel packs using old magazines by pulling out the activity pages, fun stories etc and putting them in a ringbinder so that the children can read them and fill them in on long journeys Otherwise hy not cal a local children's ward and get the children to take them in

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now