Talk

Advanced search

Children's cookery book 'Easy Peasy'

(9 Posts)
oxocube Sun 27-Jul-08 12:48:21

Has anyone go this? I have just ordered one for DD's friend for her birthday. Looks really good - 'real food' as opposed to decorating pizzas with smiley faces etc. Okay for a young 11 year old do you think?

Thanks smile

oxocube Sun 27-Jul-08 17:50:56

Bump. Anyone?

Emily23 Mon 28-Jul-08 17:32:08

I've got it. It's defo for older children, nt many pictures and no 'step by step' diagrams. Great recipes (especially banana bread!) and a handy section of tips at the back called something like "how not to give your family food poisoning"

Good choice for that age, very grown up.

DrZeus Mon 28-Jul-08 17:41:36

I've got it. I would agree with the older children point. The recipes are great - I like the corn critters and banana bread, amongst others. The instructions are well laid out and very clear.

TheMagnificent7 Mon 28-Jul-08 17:55:57

The Usborne Beginners Cookbook is the starters bible in my house. Jam packed full of illustrations, and start from scratch healthy meals.

Once they have the basic techniques though, safety first, hygiene, measuring properly etc, then a lack of diagrams should encourage better cooking. My friends boy is coming up to 13 and he is a real gourmet now. 11 is perfect to start cooking creatively

cremolafoam Mon 28-Jul-08 18:04:17

ive got it too and dd still loves it after 5 years.she still goes looking for things in it! I bought it for her 6th birthday

cremolafoam Mon 28-Jul-08 18:07:38

this is the book that inspired a love of cooking in my teenage years

mrspnut Mon 28-Jul-08 18:10:39

We have easy peasy all the time and my DD1 has been cooking from it by herself since she was about 7.

oxocube Mon 28-Jul-08 19:30:23

Sounds like it could be a hit then smile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now