Talk

Advanced search

What audio books do your young children like?

(10 Posts)
fitterhappierhealthier Thu 23-May-19 18:58:05

I have two young children (both girls under 5) and I wondered what audio books or CDs anyone else's young ones like?

We have all of the Julia Donaldson ones which they love as they have the songs as well as the story and often a listening game too but we have slightly over played them now.

We do quite a few long car journeys and they also listen to them at bedtime.

Any suggestions!?

BlackAmericanoNoSugar Thu 23-May-19 19:03:00

Not books but They Might Be Giants have albums aimed at children like Here Comes Science or Here Comes the ABCs that my DC absolutely loved. Some of them are on Spotify if you have a subscription to that.

fitterhappierhealthier Thu 23-May-19 19:04:21

Will definitely check those out they sound great, thank you!

Cozytoesandtoast00 Thu 23-May-19 19:05:52

We like They Might Be Giants 1,2,3's

fitterhappierhealthier Thu 23-May-19 21:31:11

Thank you, I will get it on Spotify for the school run tomorrow!

Cornishblues Fri 24-May-19 09:30:51

Ours loved the owl who was afraid of the dark, I think we all know it off by heart!

Taytotots Sat 25-May-19 01:40:17

Cressida Cowell 'how to train your dragon' read by David Tennant. Although depends how much under 5 they are as does have some mildly scary bits and is a proper chapter book so needs a good attention span.

Ricekrispie22 Sat 25-May-19 05:19:02

The Spectacular Tale of Peter Rabbit read by Emma Thompson
Charlie and Lola My Completely Best Story Collection and My Extremely Good Story Collection
This Dr Seuss one www.thebookpeople.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/qs_product_tbp?productId=552192&catalogId=10051&catId=141710&pageNumber=1
One Snowy Night

FreeFreesia Sat 25-May-19 06:55:21

DS liked Paddington in the garden which is a short one read by Stephen Fry.
Magic faraway tree by Enid Blyton
Mr Gum

adagio Sat 25-May-19 07:00:00

My 6&3 y old DD like rainbow magic fairies (series of books) and unicorns of blossom wood series. My library service offers free loan of e-audiobooks so I download on an old phone and leave it playing at bedtime (after I’ve done a real story first). To be honest both these favourites seem like complete drivel to me but they were the top hits when I searched for unicorn and rainbow respectively on the library borrow box app!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »