Talk

Advanced search

Best book of Greek myths for 8 year old?

(10 Posts)
Satina Tue 12-Mar-19 16:56:00

I remember having a book with a collection of Greek myths, when I was a child that I loved.
DD is now loving hearing these and would love her own collection.
Can anyone recommend a nice book?
Thank you

SnugglySnerd Tue 12-Mar-19 16:57:37

Usborne do a collection that my DD loves.

6timesthemess Sun 24-Mar-19 18:32:15

We love the Orchard Greek myths book

homeschool.website/resources/orchard-greek-myths

BikeRunSki Sun 24-Mar-19 18:41:51

Atticus the Story Teller I got DS this when he was 7 or 8. He still lives it 3 years later, he was obsessed with Greek myths, although has moved onto Norse myths now.

CityWallandaTrampoline Sun 24-Mar-19 18:45:42

All of mine have loved this book

dolphin50 Sun 24-Mar-19 23:47:36

Percy jackson is amazing. I read the illiad and the odyssey in bits at school at this age. In english thankfully but still it is quite hard in bits at this age but I learnt so much more from reading percy jackson as it is so interesting. It is in first person and a boy realises he is the son of poseidon and all the children in the camp they go to have a godly parent and they do adventures and you learn about the different characters in greek mythology in a modern characterized way of the gods

CaptainNelson Mon 08-Apr-19 21:09:46

Another vote for Atticus the Story Teller here. We got this on audio for my DS at about that age and he listened to it endlessly.
Actually I think my son might be Bike's DS. Is yours reading the Kevin Crossley Holland book, Bike? So beautiful...

Enb76 Mon 08-Apr-19 21:16:41

Another vote for Atticus.

CMOTDibbler Mon 08-Apr-19 21:21:00

We had the Orchard Book and Atticus, both of which have been much loved.

For older children, the Neil Gaiman Norse legends book is fab, as is his Audible reading. DS has also enjoyed Mythos.

Its a slippery slope though, ds has asked for a set of runes for his 13th birthday

thesurreyyouth Mon 08-Apr-19 21:25:13

My ds loves reading the myths. We found, on BBC iPlayer radio, all the myths and he used to like listening to an episode a night before going to sleep.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: