Talk

Advanced search

After Percy Jackson?

(10 Posts)
BringBiscuits Thu 03-Jan-19 09:30:03

Dd (11) loves Percy Jackson books and read them all. Looking to get the Kane chronicles by same author. (Rick riordan) Any recommendations on similar style books or new stuff she may not have tried? Thanks

BringBiscuits Thu 03-Jan-19 14:35:21

Bump

Notverygrownup Thu 03-Jan-19 14:45:30

The Hunger Games/Diversity or Maze Runner series often seem to follow on well from PJ - action/adventure, though without the mythology.

She could also try the Lucy Daniels - a long series about environmental adventures/saving animals.

There are others - hopefully other MNetters will recommend

Notverygrownup Thu 03-Jan-19 14:49:12

Chris Ryan - Survival (and the rest of the Alpha Force books.) Great adventures with 4 teenagers saving the world from various threats.

forforkssake1 Thu 03-Jan-19 14:52:04

Pendragon. Hard to get, but worth it.
I am number four/divergent
Maze runner
Hunger games
Harry Potter

BringBiscuits Thu 03-Jan-19 22:52:43

Thanks for the suggestions I will look into them. Thank you

Lara53 Thu 17-Jan-19 17:45:27

Robert Muchamorev- Cherub Series

PomBearWithoutHerOFRS Fri 18-Jan-19 00:39:32

Skulduggery Pleasant series
Mortal Engines series
The Connie Companion series
Slip series
The Dark is Rising series
Anything by Robert Swindells or Louise Lawrence

ShinyMe Mon 28-Jan-19 21:51:59

I read a whole batch of series around the same time, and along with loving Percy Jackson, I also really liked
- Charlie Higson's Enemy series (plague kills all adults except some who become zombie types, kids left to survive by themselves)
- Alex Scarrow's Timeriders series (kids are a team of time travelling heroes trying to stop people messing up time, saving the world from disasters etc)

I also really really love Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials.

ChrisjenAvasarala Mon 28-Jan-19 21:53:41

Artemis Fowl series!!!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: