Talk

Advanced search

If he likes Harry Potter ...

(30 Posts)
Sloegin2 Thu 06-Dec-18 22:41:34

My 9 year old (reluctant reader) has really got into Harry Potter.
He’s got all my books that I saved from when they first came out. Can anyone recommend anything similar that will catch his imagination?

BillywilliamV Tue 15-Jan-19 18:36:27

Lockwood and co, my DD and I LOVE them

CountFosco Tue 15-Jan-19 21:16:40

DD and I went on to Narnia after HP which she really enjoyed and we're now reading His Dark Materials. But having just read the fight between Iofer and Iorek last night I'd say it was much darker than even the last HPs.

OohMrDarcy Tue 15-Jan-19 21:18:09

My DS is 9 too and loved HP.... he's now working his way through all the Percy Jackson and associated books - anything by rick riordan as far as I can tell! He loves the mythology in them.

leanneormandy Sat 02-Feb-19 10:46:02

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

andmypointis Thu 07-Feb-19 08:33:49

My son is a very reluctant reader I can't really get him to read fiction. I found a book on Amazon that has the difficult words expalined on the page for kids like a dictionary. He liked the cover and it seems to have got him interested because he can look up the words so it has that non-fiction feel to him that he likes. It's called The Cadwaladr Quests Tangled Time, adventure set in Wales

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: