Talk

Advanced search

Tecommendations for toddler audiobooks and music

(7 Posts)
UbercornsGoggles Wed 14-Nov-18 18:43:42

Just as the title says really, I'm looking for recommendations for audio books and music suitable for a toddler (2 years old). Ideally things that will keep her occupied on car journeys and won't cause my brain to attempt to crawl out of my ears.

UbercornsGoggles Wed 14-Nov-18 18:44:50

Tecommendations 🙄. Why doesn't autocorrect work on thread titles?

UrbaneSprawl Thu 15-Nov-18 10:44:48

We have the Alan Bennett versions of Winnie the Pooh and The Wind in the Willows in the car mostly for my benefit.

We've also listened to the Beatrix Potter tales we have on CD, read by a wonderful collection of old luvvies (Timothy West, Patricia Routledge et al.) - the RRP is quite steep, but I think we picked it up from The Book People or similar at some point.

If you car stereo is up to the job, there are some good kids' podcasts out there. We scarcely noticed being stationary on the M5 for two hours thanks to an Australian philosophy for kids one (probably not one I'd recommend for a toddler, though...)

My boy quite liked some classical music that we could tell him the story behind - Peter and the Wolf, the Nutcracker, Scheherazade and Lieutenant Kijé are all worth a listen.

Rapunzel88 Sun 18-Nov-18 21:30:00

The Julia Donaldson audio books are lovely - both songs and stories www.thebookpeople.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/qs_product_tbp?storeId=10001&catalogId=10051&langId=100&productId=435116&cm_mmc=Google%20Adwords-_-PLA-_-Julia+Donaldson+Audio+Collection+-+10+CDs-_--GFCD&utm_source=shopping_google&utm_content=mkwid_pyMRRLEK-dm_pcrid_295581637656_pkw__pmt__prodid_GFCD_&pgrid=62273900594&ptaid=pla-309439896653&gclid=CjwKCAiAuMTfBRAcEiwAV4SDkWFV7Xig41eoLcjmK8vyWh6jCbVvHE4skc75K0G4NEmv1gDpoQQnWhoC8McQAvD_BwE

heybubble Sat 01-Dec-18 23:01:32

For music I'd recommend Www.nickcope.co.uk

We've seen him live a few times and have a few of his CDs. He used to be in an indie band before he had kids and started making music for children.

TwistedStitch Sat 01-Dec-18 23:04:55

Rumble in the Jungle by Giles Andreae is nice. Audio is narrated by Hugh Laurie, nice music and animal sounds.

andrewdittmer Mon 10-Dec-18 07:04:49

Hi UbercornsGoggles and all. I used to love listening to jungle fables as a kid. But that was so long ago now blush.

I've just published an audio story called Snuffy for 3 to 6 year olds and I was just trying to find someone overseas (I'm in Australia) to test gifting a freebie on Google Play.

If you or anyone else would like to have a free copy, direct message me before the end of the year and I'll send you a code.

If you want to hear a preview first, you can listen here: www.blobfishbooks.net/stories/snuffy/

Oh, and I'd love to hear if you like it and more importantly, if your little angles / monsters like it.

Cheers,
Andrew.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: