Opinion regarding book(3 Posts)
I am in the process of writing a book for toddlers. The book is aimed at Black and mixed race children in particular, as I’ve found that very little books have this option.
The main purpose of the book/s is to install self love into children’s minds from a young age, as I believe it will have a positive impact on them as they grow. The idea is to help them learn to accept themselves and understand who they are and that everyone is different.
From what I have seen, I know many children, of all races - but particularly the ones I am focusing on - struggle to understand and accept parts of themselves, whether that’s their hair, their skin, their facial features .etc.
I also feel that my book/s will help parents understand the importance of showering their children with physical and verbal love; especially regarding the above examples.
So, the purpose of this survey is to gain genuine feedback from parents. Please fill out my survey and send it back to me.
Thank you for your time and help, in advance
1. Would you like to see books that influence children’s mind?
2. Would you buy a book if the sole message was self acceptance?
3. Do you feel that such a book would impact a child’s mind set, regarding self love?
4. As a parent of a Black or mixed race child/ren, do you feel it is important to express how beautiful certain features are in order to ensure they grow loving and accepting themselves?
5. As a parent, do you feel there is much to teach our children that everyone is different? (Do you feel there are many books or toys on the market that are a variety of races?)
Finally: please provide any feedback that you feel is necessary; anything I have not touched on that comes to mind when reading what my project is.
' non member requests' might be the section you want? You'll get more responses there
Join the discussion
Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.Register now »
Already registered? Log in with:
Please login first.