Talk

Advanced search

Printed book or E book?

(6 Posts)
Auntieflo1 Wed 07-Feb-18 16:26:24

Hi I am going to release my first picture book soon and want to know your thought on whether you prefer printed or E books for 2 - 6 year olds.

KingIrving Wed 07-Feb-18 18:18:47

For me, it is a no-brainer: printed.

If you want to give a child the love of reading, you don't give a child a device, no matter if it is a kindle or an iPad.
Books come with sensations, you hold it, feel the pages and there is a lot more brain involvement with a printed book.

Auntieflo1 Thu 08-Feb-18 16:26:21

I totally agree with you but because my kids are grown up I wondered what parents think nowadays.

DoraChance Thu 08-Feb-18 16:27:50

Physical books all the way here, especially for children. They are often such beautiful objects, you just can't get the same magic on an e-reader.

schmalex Fri 09-Feb-18 10:40:12

I don't let my pre-school kids use a tablet, so printed all the way! Also doesn't matter if they drop it. They learn how books work, how to turn the pages, etc.

Maybe83 Fri 09-Feb-18 10:43:08

Printed book. It's invaluable to learn the love of reading and the skills associated with it. Pointing at the pictures words turning pages. The choosing of the book each evening.

I would hate hate to move away from children's books being in print.

I have treasured ones from my childhood as does my older child and so will my younger one. I love childrens books.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: