Talk

Advanced search

Anyone know of this book....?

(9 Posts)
Wayfarersonbaby Sat 13-Jan-18 00:51:02

I must have read it when I was about 12. It's a quite modern (90s?) fantasy book about a girl called Molly or Mollie, who is looking after a two-year old boy with blonde curls called Florian or Floris (a brother? I'm not sure), and has some kind of fantasy, possibly elvish, otherworldly adventure with a few other characters. She's a young teen, and it's got an air of Labyrinth about it and I think the plot ends up in our world, maybe in a shopping centre? It's a bit new-agey. Sorry, such vague details! It's been bugging me for absolutely ages and I'd really like to track it down! Thanks in advance for any help....

CheapSausagesAndSpam Sat 13-Jan-18 02:39:28

Not this?

www.laridon.co.uk/my-books/spellchasers/

Waddlelikeapenguin Sat 13-Jan-18 02:41:33

Spellchasers is too recently published (unless op is 14 grin)

Waddlelikeapenguin Sat 13-Jan-18 02:42:10

Spellchasers is too recently published (unless op is 14 grin)

Taytotots Sat 13-Jan-18 03:04:50

I was thinking Margaret Mary but names not right. Is it this one? (Out of the ordinary, Dalton www.goodreads.com/book/show/6201231-out-of-the-ordinary

Tansilie Sat 13-Jan-18 03:06:37

Is it this?

www.amazon.com/Wrinkle-Time-Quintet/dp/0312367546/ref=as_sl_pc_as_ss_li_til?linkCode=w00&linkId&creativeASIN=0312367546&tag=mumsnetforum-21

fuzzywuzzy Sat 13-Jan-18 03:17:29

It’s Margaret Mahy the Changeover

EmMcK Sat 13-Jan-18 03:56:41

I was wondering Changeover too. The girl is Laura and her brother is Jacko so possibly not. They have just made The Changeover into a movie which is well worth seeing - just as a side note

Wayfarersonbaby Sat 13-Jan-18 12:56:14

Taytotots I think it's the Annie Dalton book! Hooray, I knew MN wouldn't let me down smile smile cake Thank you so much!

Thank you everyone, for such quick responses too! I read a lot of Mahy so it's not that but it is quite in her style. I'm going to try to order a copy of the Annie Dalton book now and see if I've remembered it correctly....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now