Talk

Advanced search

Autobiographies suitable for an 11 year old?

(11 Posts)
NotEnoughCushions Thu 23-Nov-17 23:32:14

DS(11) is an avid reader and having read Jonny Wilkinson's book he would like to read some more autobiographies, ideally sport but doesn't have to be.

Does anyone have any recommendations suitable for this age please? He's a good reader and quite mature but some of the content of the autobiographies that I've read is probably not age-appropriate.

Ricekrispie22 Fri 24-Nov-17 06:36:28

It's not sports, but Michael MacIntyre's book called Life and Laughing is a great read.
Jake Humphries' The Inside Track
Boy by Roald Dahl

fartyghost Fri 24-Nov-17 06:48:57

Jensen button ?

LangCleg Sat 25-Nov-17 17:49:36

Not sports, but there is a children's version of the Bear Grylls autobiog, Mud Sweat and Tears. Search for "junior edition".

Roald Dahl's Boy is great.

annandale Sat 25-Nov-17 17:50:34

I am Malala, teen version.

Bowerbird5 Sun 26-Nov-17 08:23:20

Not autobiographies but the My Story books might interest him.

Doug Scott about Everest? I saw these on sale yesterday...signed copies. He might enjoy it if you could see the film Everest. I saw it on a huge screen and it made you feel like you were there. I have seen it five times as we used to take Year 6 so it might interest him.

NotEnoughCushions Sun 26-Nov-17 19:46:39

Some great suggestions thank you. 😊 Am just working through them on Amazon - if not all for Christmas they will be options for his birthday in the Spring.

lljkk Sun 26-Nov-17 19:53:57

The Myhistory series are fictionalised autobiographies, DD liked them a lot about that age.

BowiesJumper Sun 26-Nov-17 19:59:34

Definitely Boy and Going Solo by Roald Dahl. They’re both brilliant.

iseenodust Tue 28-Nov-17 10:47:32

Kelly Holmes - Black, white & gold

vikjul Fri 01-Dec-17 10:03:44

James Bowen's "Bob: No Ordinary Cat" (special edition for readers aged 11 and above).

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: