Talk

Advanced search

Book for a 2 year old about famous buildings/monuments?

(6 Posts)
SunsetBoulevard Tue 14-Nov-17 13:50:26

Can anybody suggest something that might fit the bill? I am trying to find a suitable book for a just turned 2 year old boy for a Christmas present. The little boy in question is fascinated by tall structures and buildings such as the Eiffel Tower and the Statue of Liberty so something relating to famous buildings around the world would be right up his street but finding something that is suitable for his age seems impossible. Ideally something like the lift the flap books would be what I'm after but a Google search hasn't been very productive so far. Any suggestions would be very gratefully received.

BewareOfTheToddler Tue 14-Nov-17 13:59:33

Not exactly what you're looking for, but my 2 year old has this and loves it:

wordery.com/whizzy-wheels-london-bus-marion-billet-9780230760578?currency=GBP>rck=T3JFb0srZlI0QnFBaVhRTHdpb2lWOFRjNFdaR0ZkVUU1a0dpeE1scTVDNWdicENkRHVSZkhtWDdZMmw4TThVbmpDM0VCWWdNRXlUUkpJVHZiempFZnc9PQ&gclid=EAIaIQobChMItpqTsJy-1wIVzpztCh3MWwZqEAQYAiABEgJnoPD_BwE

There's lots to look at, eg Buckingham Palace, the museums of South Kensington, the Eye. They also do a tube one with a Mind The Gap button which is similar, and I think there's a London taxi one as well.

SunsetBoulevard Tue 14-Nov-17 15:01:34

That looks like a lovely book, thank you. The young man in question lives in central London too so would probably really enjoy it!

Ricekrispie22 Tue 14-Nov-17 16:29:13

Usborne See Inside Famous Buildings - Looking at famous buildings from across the ages. Each illustration opens up to reveal the building's interior as well as fascinating facts such as how they were built and their histories. Buildings include the Empire State Building, Guggenheim Museum, Himeji Castle, Versailles Palace, Blue Mosque, Notre Dame Cathedral and more. This book contains over fifty sturdy embedded flaps.
The child in questions might also enjoy Usborne See Inside houses Long Ago or See Inside Great Cities

ojell Tue 14-Nov-17 17:52:48

“The Little Red Lighthouse and the Great Gray Bridge”. It’s fiction rather than fact, but the buildings are real enough. I had it as a kid, and I still can’t read it to my 5yo without getting teary...

SunsetBoulevard Wed 22-Nov-17 14:22:18

Ah thank you Ricekrispie that is exactly what I had in mind! Thanks again everyone for taking the time to reply.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now