Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Science audio book

(3 Posts)
rainydogday Tue 07-Nov-17 10:40:27

My kids do their reading at night then after sometimes both listen to audible for 15-30 mins. I had downloaded Bill Bryson A short history of nearly everything fir myself and they chose to listen to it! Aged 8 and 10 they loved it! Has given them a lust for anything science based. Any other ideas for audio books like this? Doesn’t need to be for kids, just really interesting facts etc. It helps them to go off to sleep but it’s amazing how much facts they have retained!

ojell Tue 07-Nov-17 14:22:36

I recently “read” the audiobook of ‘Wings on my Sleeve’, the autobiography of Eric ‘Winkle’ Brown, a naval test pilot, which I found in my local library. Not my normal sort of thing at all, but very engaging and with plenty of aernonautics and engineering details.

There’s always lots of accessible science programming on the iPlayer radio app - not all of it will be perfect for kids that age, but try these guys for a start...

Huggler Mon 13-Nov-17 14:38:43

They would love DNA detectives by Mandy Hartley. Not sure if it’s on audio books but they should definitely read it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now