Talk

Advanced search

Books where you choose the ending???

(10 Posts)
RoseHarper Thu 02-Nov-17 09:36:01

I remember having books when i was small where as you read...you could choose the next step ..sort of adventures but it would say...if the character does this...go to page 20 ...and so on. Not sure if you can still grt them but DS would love them i think. Anyone remember/recommend??

MarmiteAndPB Thu 02-Nov-17 09:39:50

I read these in the 90s - there were probably a few different publishers doing it but they were generally called Choose Your Own Adventure

MarmiteAndPB Thu 02-Nov-17 09:42:31

Choose Your Own Adventure, as published by Bantam Books, was one of the most popular children's series during the 1980s and 1990s, selling more than 250 million copies between 1979 and 1998. When Bantam, now owned by Random House, allowed the Choose Your Own Adventure trademark to lapse, the series was relaunched by Chooseco, which now owns the trademark.

Wiki

newmachar Thu 02-Nov-17 09:48:25

Goosebumps used to do these when I was a child, I’m and English teacher now and the range I offer to my students is Twisted Ending books- the same sort of thing

MarmiteAndPB Thu 02-Nov-17 09:52:20

I also remember ones that were a bit more interactive in that you had to solve puzzles. They were really fun as well. Apparently they were published by Usbourne.

RoseHarper Thu 02-Nov-17 09:55:44

Brilliant - thank you. I've ordered a box set from Amazon...tried searching myself but was drawing a blank as couldnt think how to describe them!!

Twoevils Thu 02-Nov-17 09:55:58

I've just ordered the Quest Adventure set from the Book People. They have a similar premise, but you have to solve puzzles and clues to get through the book. Hoping it will be a hit with my lot for Xmas.

RoseHarper Thu 02-Nov-17 09:58:54

Great, some fab recommendations here...DS is 10 and loves reading but is quite particular...likes mysteries but norhing too gruesome or scary so think these will suit him. Have bookmarked suggestions as there is plenty to keep him going. Thanks😀

pollyhemlock Thu 02-Nov-17 18:08:11

One more suggestion- The I Hero series by Steve Barlow and Steve Skidmore are good. Set in lots of different times/ locations.

dressinblack Thu 02-Nov-17 18:20:25

I always remember goosebumps had this idea

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: