Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Searching for a lovely illustrated fairytale collection

(4 Posts)
NeedMoreSleepOrSugar Tue 24-Oct-17 16:09:51

I've been searching for a while for a big illustrated collection of fairytales, but can't find what I'm looking for, so thought I'd ask here for recommendations.

What I want is essentially the type of storybook you see in films - big, leather bound, beautifully illustrated. The type of book that could be handed down through a family for years. Preferably with classic stories, hans christian anderson, grimm etc.

I've found a couple of books that almost fit the bill, but either they have very few illustrations or they're aimed more at adults. Can anyone recommend a book or books that might fit the bill? Any suggestions gratefully received!

mrssmiling Fri 27-Oct-17 09:12:05

Not sure about leather bound....but have you looked at the Folio Society?
This looks lovely www.foliosociety.com/book/BGR/grimm-s-fairy-tales
There are lots of used copies on Ebay - including Grimm, Perrault, Andersen etc with beautiful illustrations - Rackham, Dulac, Heath Robinson.

timtam23 Sat 28-Oct-17 23:52:52

Hilda Boswell's Treasury of Fairy Tales has beautiful illustrations, it will be long out of print but if you don't mind second-hand there are usually copies on eBay. Her treasury of poetry is also an absolute gem of poems and illustrations, I adored it as a child (our copy fell apart after being read too much & was thrown away, amazingly I found a lovely copy in a charity shop a few years ago)

NeedMoreSleepOrSugar Tue 31-Oct-17 06:52:22

Thank you, I'll check them out!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now