Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Astrid Lindgren books, or: If DS loves Ronia, what next?

(8 Posts)
brilliotic Tue 10-Oct-17 13:09:30

DS (7) just finished Ronia the Robber's daughter and rates it highly.

Which Astrid Lindgren books do I get him next?
I remember reading (and loving) The Brothers Lionheart, and Mio's Kingdom. Will definitely give those to him, but perhaps in a year or two... they are incredibly sad, with very serious topics. Some of the most beautiful children's books available IMO, but they can wait a bit.

Other Astrid Lindgren I just know by title - Pippi Longstocking obviously, Noisy Village, and others, but which ones might best suit a seven year old boy who is wary of being caught with a 'girl book' (but can be bribed into them).

Or any suggestions for books like Ronia, by other authors?

Caulkheadupnorf Tue 10-Oct-17 13:12:20

E Nesbit - 5 children and It and The Phoenix and the Carpet.

crumpeteer Wed 18-Oct-17 22:18:00

The Emil books? The naughtiest boy in the whole of Sweden. en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emil_i_L%C3%B6nneberga

crumpeteer Wed 18-Oct-17 22:20:02

Or karlson on the roof, but I found him incredibly annoying...

BlueChampagne Thu 19-Oct-17 14:02:21

Would Clever Polly and the Stupid Wolf fit the bill?

Waddlelikeapenguin Sun 29-Oct-17 00:12:29

Maybe Dragon rider or Igraine the brave by Cornelia Funke

brilliotic Tue 31-Oct-17 13:44:19

Thanks, DS has started on Karlsson on the Roof, and there have been lots of giggles heard from the direction of his reading corner...

I have started reading The Neverending Story to him, with the idea that he will take over at some point and finish it himself, he's quite liking it.

WeirdnessOfDoom Tue 07-Nov-17 21:36:25

The Six Bullerby Children, absolutely awesome!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now