Talk

Advanced search

Can you think of an inspiring children's book?

(7 Posts)
mimimomma Fri 19-May-17 14:50:27

I copied someone's lovely idea to secretly get each of my daughter's primary school teachers to write a little message in a hardback copy of Oh the Places you'll go! She's still only in year two, but so far so good, the plan is to give it to her when she leaves in year 6.
So now I have a son at school, and want to repeat the same idea for him, but with a different book. Can you think of something inspiring and positive that would work? Thanks book lovers!

Teaandadunk Fri 19-May-17 15:10:54

365 days of wonder.
It is a spin off of Wonder and based on Mr Browne's precepts. Very inspiring and they could add a precept (pearl of wisdom) of their own.
I read one each day and thought I'd mark my favourites but have so many markers already. I thought Wonder was my favourite book but this keeps it going for a year! Love it.

2014newme Fri 19-May-17 15:13:28

That is a truly lovely idea I wish I'd thought of it

CruCru Thu 08-Jun-17 23:37:08

This might be too young but I love it.

SUPERSAL119 Sun 11-Jun-17 04:14:45

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Ginger782 Sun 11-Jun-17 04:18:59

All of the "Little People, Big Dreams" series.

mimimomma Thu 15-Jun-17 19:17:58

Those Little People, Big Dreams books are perfect....now I just need to choose whether he's more of an Albert Einstein or Martin Luther King!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now