Talk

Advanced search

Books for 16 year old boys

(9 Posts)
dalek Sun 12-Mar-17 20:49:18

My nephew likes to read but is not sure what to read.

He is reading Rebecca at the moment.

He didn't like The Hunger Games but did like The Outsiders.

Any ideas?

TIA x

Shedoesntgetthatfromme Sun 12-Mar-17 20:55:00

Damon Runyon's short stories would be a top pick for a young man I reckon.

dalek Sun 12-Mar-17 21:02:04

Thank you - will look it up on Amazon

Linds53 Sun 12-Mar-17 21:49:28

Patrick Ness Chaos Walking series is great, as is Marjorie Blackman's Noughts and Crosses and Boys Don't Cry. If he likes Rebecca why not more of the same, like My Cousin Rachel or Jamaica Inn. Or other classics like Slaughterhouse 5, Call of the Wild, All Quiet on the Western Front, Catch 22 and Catcher on the Rye?

Singingforsanity Sun 12-Mar-17 23:36:54

Sounds like he'd enjoy some penguin modern classics such as One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest or Alone in Berlin. Or perhaps some of the better Stephen Kings - Green Mile or Delores Claiborne if he enjoys Rebecca.

Papergirl1968 Thu 16-Mar-17 19:02:11

Paths of Glory by Jeffrey Archer about the attempt to conquer Everest is ideal for teenage boys.
Or how about Dan Brown - The Da Vinci Code.
Nicholas Evans is good too. He wrote The Horse Whisperer but his later ones are probably better for a boy - The Smoke Jumper or The Brave maybe.

Sadik Fri 17-Mar-17 16:11:03

Ready Player One by Ernest Cline seems to be a hit with pretty much everyone - in our family ex-H, 15 y/o dd and me (all quite different tastes) all loved it- and the 50-bookers on here all seem to enjoy it too.

Leben Tue 21-Mar-17 11:11:18

I just gave DS (age 14) The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett to read and he seems to be enjoying it, having stopped reading for about two years.

It has a couple of sex scenes but nothing that would make a 16 year old blush after spending an hour in the company of other 16 year olds!

Introvertedbuthappy Tue 21-Mar-17 11:13:16

The Gone series or Ready Player 1. Knife of Never Letting Go is also good, or Half a King series.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now