Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Books like 13/26/39etc Storey Treehouse

(8 Posts)
SokokeCat Wed 15-Feb-17 21:18:58

DS has discovered he actually quite likes reading and it's thanks to the 13 Storey Treehouse series.
What would you recommend that are of a similar format...pictures, fun etc but they must be available on the kindle (he has vision issues which means he needs to blow to the text up to supersize to be able to track it).
We had a look at Wimpy Kid and Tom Gates but he wasn't taken by them, plus they are probably a bit out of his maturity/life experience levels right now. He's nearly 7.5yrs.
Prior to these books he read Jack Stalwart and Boy vs Beast books (books for reluctant readers) on the kindle. He wasn't as on keen on Beast Quest though as I thought he might be.
Many thanks.

gassylady Wed 15-Feb-17 21:23:11

Stinky and Jinks about a bout and his super intelligent hamster are nice.
Astrosaurs may be a bit young but space going dinosaurs with ships powered by dung appealed to my sons sense of humour.
How to train your dragon stories are much better than TV and film adaptations. Best of all are the audiobooks read by David Tennant

Starlight2345 Sat 18-Feb-17 19:11:40

My DS enjoyed them , try the magic faraway tree.

emmaMBC Thu 23-Feb-17 16:36:54

How about the Phoenix Comic? Really great quality - and plenty of book spin offs too.

AngryPrincess Thu 30-Mar-17 20:20:20

The Bad Guys by Aaron Blakey.
Made me cry laughing too.

AngryPrincess Thu 30-Mar-17 20:21:18

There's 'How to train your dragon' graphic novels. Also Tintin and Asterix.

AngryPrincess Thu 30-Mar-17 20:22:01

Aaron Blakey ( not Blakey).

nightswimming1 Sat 29-Apr-17 20:58:31

You can get other Andy Griffiths (now out of print but I bought second hand on Amazon). Mascot madness, pencil of doom etc. Captain underpants is funny but very zany.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now