Talk

Advanced search

There were some animals in a forest... Please help identify a old favourite

(7 Posts)
Mumatoo Wed 12-Oct-16 15:02:01

My son loves all things animal related especially books. I have just remembered a book I adored as a child and would really like to get a copy for him. But unfortunately I can't remember much about it. Please help!

My book had a selection of 3-5 stories in it. I got it in the mid -late 1980's. It was set in a woods will lots of animals (no humans). One story was about a fallen tree trunk being turned into a set of homes (not the Percy park keeper book) another was a swimming race where the creatures were doing different strokes. The illustrations were very detailed and I poured over them for hours.
Sorry it's not a lot to go on but if anyone recognises it or can suggest similar I would really appreciate it.

ByeByeLilSebastian Wed 12-Oct-16 15:03:19

Brambley hedge?

Mumatoo Wed 12-Oct-16 15:18:31

Not Brambley Hedge, slightly less... Cutesy.
But I think DS will enjoy BH so thanks for the suggestion.

I wish my mum hadn't given all my books to my cousins. I have loads of half remembered stories in my head (probably by I struggle to bin any of DS's books!)

conkerpods Wed 12-Oct-16 15:19:17

The animals of Farthing Wood?

Mumatoo Wed 12-Oct-16 15:25:06

Like a cross between The Borrowers and The Wind in the Willows? I think there were pea pods used as boats?
Sorry I'm not giving you much

NKc2a952X125fb43a5b3 Sun 30-Oct-16 22:17:56

Fern Hollow?

Mumatoo Mon 26-Dec-16 08:05:54

Thanks NKc but that's not it either.
My mum doesn't remember the book. I might try the cousins who inherited many of my books & toys.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now