Lift the Flap for 4 year old.

(12 Posts)
itsonlysubterfuge Tue 02-Aug-16 09:22:31

My 4 year old really enjoys lift the flap books, especially to look at by herself. My problem is that most of the lift the flap books are either for much older children, or for much younger children. Ideally a book with lots of flaps on each page. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Needfinsnow Tue 02-Aug-16 09:25:24

There are a series of books about a "Lulu" with lift the flaps, m dd is 5 and whilst they are a little young for her she can read them herself and still loves looking at them!

LMGTFY Tue 02-Aug-16 09:25:56

Ds has one called something like 'how things work' which is quite interesting but not sure if it's a bit old for her.

Needfinsnow Tue 02-Aug-16 09:26:55

www.amazon.co.uk/This-Lulu-Camilla-Reid/dp/1408802643

Voteforpedr0 Tue 02-Aug-16 09:28:03

Not so much a lift the flap book but interactive all the same is the jolly postman, which is an excellent book. Also the dr Seuss cat in the hat flap book would be good for a 4 year old.

Voteforpedr0 Tue 02-Aug-16 09:29:55

Yes as someone just mentioned the US borne flap book see inside how things work by Conrad Mason and is not babyish at all.

feelingmiffed Tue 02-Aug-16 09:30:24

My DS loved the Ian whybrow books at that age ( still gets them out now, aged 7!). The tickle book was one of the favourites!!

itsonlysubterfuge Tue 02-Aug-16 09:57:44

Thank you so much for all these suggestions. Will look into them all.

MrsJoeyMaynard Tue 02-Aug-16 10:06:27

This falls into the "aimed at older children" category, but my 4 yr old loves the Usbourne lift the flap books - he has See Inside Trains, See Inside Cars, See Inside Boats and See Inside Castles and likes looking at the pictures by himself, although the text is clearly written for children who are already pretty good readers.

We also have a Charlie and Lola lift the flap book - called something like Sizzles Is Absolutely Not Here - which has loads of flaps and is another one he likes looking at (although not as much as the Usbourne ones already mentioned).

itsonlysubterfuge Wed 03-Aug-16 10:32:36

I bought my DD the See Inside Food book and she loved it. I will definitely be getting her more of those books. It's a great book to read together.

She also really enjoyed the Tickle Book! It was a little more simple than I was expecting, but she loved the silliness of it and the fact that I tickled her along with the animals getting tickled.

Thank you so much for your suggestions. Just awaiting the Lulu book and we will see if she enjoys it. I have high hopes though, DD loves books.

tea4two4three Mon 08-Aug-16 19:28:04

We have the usbourne train and castle books they are brilliant. We also have one called Beautiful Oops which my 3yr old son loves and which is a little more creative.

TaraCarter Wed 10-Aug-16 00:11:03

There Are Cats In This Book by Viviene Schwarz. There aren't lots of flaps, but the story is built around flaps and aimed at four-year-olds, rather than younger children.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now