similar to 13 storey treehouse series

(7 Posts)
summerchocolate Tue 19-Jul-16 22:58:46

My son is a reluctant reader though enjoys listening to books such as David Walliams, mr gum and jiggy mcue.

He has finally found a series that he can enjoy reading to himself and understand when he reads it. Any suggestions for other series at a similar level to the 13 storey treehouse series?

We have all the obvious sets such as captain underpants, horrid henry, Jeremy strong, flat Stanley, dirty bertie, wimpy kid etc. David Walliams etc are too hard and he doesn't like fantasy like Beast Quest and astrosaurs.

I had not heard of the 13 storey treehouse series and only got the recommendation from MN - thanks very much they have been a real success.

All suggestions welcome

halcyondays Wed 20-Jul-16 00:42:53

Stink books by Megan McDonald
Secret Seven

madamehooch Fri 22-Jul-16 14:57:39

I am Not a Loser - the Barry Loser series by Jim Smith. They're Wimpy Kid for younger readers

BirdyArms Fri 22-Jul-16 18:13:58

My DS also loves the 13 storey treehouse books and not much else. He's doing the library reading challenge, which he's very motivated by, and just read the first of the No 1 Ladies Detective Agency children's books by Alexander McCall Smith. He read it in a day but it's pretty short.

Have you tried How to train your dragon series by Cresida Cowell? DS read the first one but not showing much interest in no 2. Also Pamela Buchart books eg Baby Aliens got my teacher.

He doesn't like anything as much as the treehouse books though so I'm interested in other replies

summerchocolate Fri 22-Jul-16 20:18:12

Thanks for this. We have the Cressida Cowell set but I think they would be too wordy for him as would secret seven at the moment. The only things he has managed to read to himself have more pictures like captain underpants, wimpy kid and horrid henry. All the others he likes we have read to him as there is too much text. Will look for Buchart , stink and loser books. Any other suggestions?

GeordieJeans Fri 22-Jul-16 20:20:25

Danger is everywhere is similar I think.

MadamDeathstare Fri 22-Jul-16 20:23:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now