Book series for 10+ y.o. in French

(6 Posts)
mumprocrastinating Wed 16-Dec-15 06:06:38

Suggestions please! I need some more books for my 10 y.o. DD who is a strong reader. She loves the Tamora Pierce books, Ranger's Apprentice series, dragon fantasy books, etc. We are struggling a bit because her reading level is advanced, but I'm not sure that she is ready for topics like The Hunger Games just yet. And BONUS if the books are available in French!

Toffeelatteplease Wed 16-Dec-15 06:30:34

Not quite what you where originally thinking of but I would start with Tin Tin or Asterix if you ate looking for something in french

mumprocrastinating Wed 16-Dec-15 18:17:05

We've been through TinTin & Asterix years ago. I'm looking for something more advanced in both content & reading level.

schmalex Thu 17-Dec-15 07:34:31

How about Oksa Pollock?

mrsmortis Thu 17-Dec-15 09:06:49

I'd recommend anything by Cornelia Funke, particularly the Inkheart books. I'm not sure if you will get them in French but I have them in German.

Also Jane Yolen's Dragonsblood etc.

And how about some of the gentler Pern books. I'm sure someone who can manage the Circle books could manage Dragonsinger.

And there is always The Dark is Rising.

mumprocrastinating Sat 19-Dec-15 21:27:34

Thank you everyone!
Yes to The Dark is Rising, she loved it in English, I had forgotten about it and will look for it in French.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now