Talk

Advanced search

Can you recommend a non fiction book re deep dea creatures for dc?

(8 Posts)
JoyceDivision Sat 31-Oct-15 22:46:37

DC is 7, massive non fiction fan, got afew books re sea / deep dea/ugly creatures, loves jellyfish, squid, spider crabbs etc..

This is whhat he has and is typical of what he loves to read.

DC2 is getting the Harry potter from page to screen book as a suprise gift at Christmas, and it is a biiig book, so I want to find DC an equivalent chunky volume re sea creatures. It doesn't have to be aimed at young children, but he loves pic of the creatures and digestable info..

Thanks!!!

Misty9 Sat 31-Oct-15 22:54:31

Ooh there's an amazing kind of book with sort of holographic pictures and lots of text , and one is called Ocean. I'd love to get it for Octonauts mad ds. Will try to find link...

Misty9 Sat 31-Oct-15 22:56:14

www.amazon.co.uk/Ocean-Photicular-Book-Books/dp/076118051 this is it. I saw it in a bookshop and was amazed smile

JoyceDivision Sat 31-Oct-15 22:59:01

ooh I 've never heard of them before so thanks smile

RiverTam Sat 31-Oct-15 22:59:30

Not non-fic, and probably desperately un-PC these days, but there's a couple of Willard Pruce books that cover this kind of thing - Underwater Adventure and maybe Pacific Adventure? Don't even know if they're in print these days.

RiverTam Sat 31-Oct-15 22:59:53

Willard Price

chillycurtains Sat 31-Oct-15 23:07:33

What about Blue Planet? It was a BBC show a couple of years ago and there is an accompanying book that has amazing pictures.

JoyceDivision Sat 31-Oct-15 23:10:11

I love mumsnet, you are all fab!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now