Talk

Advanced search

Share pictures of your witches and wizards from this Halloween to win Worst Witch goodies, Halloween choices and £50 Amazon vouchers.

(67 Posts)
RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 21-Oct-15 11:39:09

It’s been over 40 years since Mildred Hubble first entertained us with her magical mayhem and since then millions of readers have fallen under her spell.

From her very first day at Miss Cackle’s Academy for Witches Mildred is the worst witch. Her broomstick won’t fly straight, her spells go wrong, and to top it off, her kitten Tabby isn’t too clever either.

Halloween is always a special time at Miss Cackle’s Academy so to celebrate we’ve got some WorstWitch treats to giveaway:

Upload pictures of your dcs dressed as witches or wizards on this thread for a chance to win a box of treats that includes all seven Worst Witch books, a £50 Amazon voucher to stock up on seasonal treats and Halloween chocolates from Hotel Chocolat for you and your family.

The competition closes on 9th November and the winner will be announced by end of day 10th November.

There are seven Worst Witch adventures in the series with a final story on its way next year

This thread is sponsored by Penguin Random House

Noideatobehad Wed 21-Oct-15 20:15:48

dd2 dressed as a witch. i ragged rolled her hair, but like mine its so thick and heavy it didnt take all that well.

Noideatobehad Wed 21-Oct-15 20:16:41

sorry, pic was a bit pants, this should be a slightly better one

Noideatobehad Wed 21-Oct-15 20:17:34

oh, and just to point out, i made her cloak out of a length of pink velvet and a spiderweb tablecloth. i have one too, but in red smile

QuickQuickNo Wed 21-Oct-15 21:59:47

Ds1 (just turned four) is insisting on being a witch for Halloween. In his man Utd kit. I promise hand on heart this is not staged, photo is 2 weeks old! He's obsessed with Room on the Broom, read it everyday, seen the musical production and listen to the cd in the car everyday!

QuickQuickNo Wed 21-Oct-15 22:02:24

Another photo of him and his brother in their Room on the Broom PJs and witch costume. For Halloween he's certain he wants to be a witch!

GreatBigHoo Wed 21-Oct-15 22:24:18

These are my super-scary witches last Halloween.

TrollTheRespawnJeremy Thu 22-Oct-15 22:04:49

I had forgotten all about the worst witch. I loved it when I was dd's age. I wished I had Mildred as a friend.

Here's witchy dd last Halloween. Hubble bubble!

OstentatiousBreastfeeder Sat 24-Oct-15 07:40:12

This is nearly-2yo DD after coming home from costume shopping, eating an apple and refusing to look at the camera grin She's insisting that under no circumstances is she ever taking it off <sigh>

I remember reading these books and wishing desperately that I was a witch!

CormoranStrike Sat 24-Oct-15 11:11:59

My children are no longer at the dressing up stage, but I still prepare the house for visitors.

This is a wreath I made for the front door - if I remember I used a witchy spooky book to form the basis of it.

MAsMum Sat 24-Oct-15 15:17:22

My little witch and Mr Potter!

SheWhoDaresGins Sat 24-Oct-15 15:50:34

MiniGin as a Mummy last year. He decided he wanted to be a zombie AFTER I had bought all the bandages. He is going to be a zombie this year.

SheWhoDaresGins Sat 24-Oct-15 15:52:32

Never mind. Nothing to see here. just read it's for witches a wizards plus I forgot the photo.

<scuttles away from thread>

FattyNinjaOwlBecameAZombie Mon 26-Oct-15 13:17:33

This is my little witch. She loves her costume. thlgrin

LBOCS2 Mon 26-Oct-15 17:13:59

I actually think that DD wants to be a witch. Not just at Halloween. Her favourite book is 'the witchy book' (Room on the Broom) and she loves watching Meg and Mog.

This year we didn't have much choice as to what she was going to be...

over40andmumtoone Mon 26-Oct-15 17:23:09

My Monkey son dressed up as a magical wizard

AJFsmummy Mon 26-Oct-15 17:25:42

Heres me already getting into the spooky spirit! My amazing man did these pumpkins and thats my lounge xx

janine0187 Mon 26-Oct-15 18:03:23

My little cute witch.

kitykat1979 Mon 26-Oct-15 18:07:42

My little Monsters getting ready for Halloween smile

sjonlegs Mon 26-Oct-15 18:10:20

In the absence of her witches hat ... this one's a right Devil!!

sjonlegs Mon 26-Oct-15 18:13:45

I've got a bone to pick with this one too!!!

HappyMum4 Mon 26-Oct-15 19:50:37

This is our Wicked Witch from Oz last year!

t1zzy Mon 26-Oct-15 20:03:14

The lil worst witch of our house ??

sandrabald Mon 26-Oct-15 20:09:54

Our very serious looking Witch & her pet rat!

lisa2104 Mon 26-Oct-15 20:21:15

Hi this is dd at nursery last week. She's 2 and a half and she loved being a 'witch princess'. She said she wanted to turn 'mummy into a frog and daddy into a toad'!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now