Talk

Advanced search

Bible stories for non-religious 12 yr old?

(7 Posts)
Noitsnotteatimeyet Sun 20-Sep-15 20:30:08

I've just realised that Dd knows virtually nothing about the bible - dh mentioned something about Daniel and the lions and she looked completely blank

We are not at all religious so knowledge of the bible isn't going to seep into her brain by osmosis so I thought I'd get her a book of bible stories

However Amazon is full of titles like 'My very first book of bible stories' which I don't think is appropriate really ...

Any recommendations please?

Pipbin Sun 20-Sep-15 20:35:01

So you want a book of bible stories that don't mention they are bible stories......?

I do know what you mean though op. I have a good knowledge of the bible and always feel smug when I, as an atheist, get bible references that my Christian friends don't.

Laquila Sun 20-Sep-15 20:38:57

Sorry, can you clarify what it is you're looking for? If you're after Bible Stories That aren't aimed at very young children, then try googling something like "Bible stories for teenagers" - I seem to remember I had one called something like the Lion Bible Stories that might have been suitable. But if you're after bible stories that don't reference the fact that they're bible stories, well...you might be looking for a while! ;)

Noitsnotteatimeyet Sun 20-Sep-15 20:39:12

No - I'm happy to have the bible mentioned wink, rather I'd want something a bit more age-appropriate- most of the books are aimed at pre-schoolers/primary age

There are so many references to the bible in English literature that it's important to be able to get them

BigDorrit Sun 20-Sep-15 20:39:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

captainproton Sun 20-Sep-15 20:42:42

The bible is made up of lots of books, some of them not very long. Why not look up the books on Wikipedia and just read the relevant books you think appropriate? At 12 should be able to grasp the language of the bible?

Cadenza1818 Mon 12-Oct-15 07:25:26

At 12yrs old why not just get a bible and point to the good story bits? The message is aimed at youth, or just get an niv version.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now