Talk

Advanced search

What age for Discworld and where to start?

(4 Posts)
YoureAllABunchOfBastards Fri 28-Aug-15 21:03:08

Started reading 'the Dragons of Crumbling Castle' to DS1 (8) and DS2 (6) tonight and they loved it.

So, when do we move on to the rest of Sir Terry? I should probably go for the Tiffany Aching books first - how old before I can introduce Vimes? grin

My DS really enjoyed the Nomes trillogy (Truckers, Diggers, Wings). I then tried starting The Amazing Maurice with him but it didn't grab him. I'll probably skip to the Wee Free Men next time I try. HTH

mrsmortis Tue 01-Sep-15 08:34:22

I've been reading Wee Free Men with my 6 year old DD. She thinks it's 'silly'. Which in her language basically means it should be scary but things are just surreal enough to prove it's a story and therefore she isn't scared.

CMOTDibbler Tue 01-Sep-15 09:11:53

My ds is 9, and has listened to a lot of the TP audio books, has just read Dragons of Crumbling Castle, and the carpet People. I'm providing the Bromeliad trilogy next, then Only you can save Mankind, and the Johnny books.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now