Talk

Advanced search

Baby book recommendations

(12 Posts)
Allthatnonsense Sun 19-Jul-15 18:29:51

This is our fourth DC and I'm looking forward to getting the board books out again. We've got the classics such as Dear Zoo, anything Alberg and Donaldson, plus Bear Hunt and Owl Babies. What can I add to our library?
I'm in the market for very first board and cloth books.

fruitpastille Sun 19-Jul-15 18:31:30

The 'That's not my...' series is nice for babies.

berni140 Mon 20-Jul-15 23:39:40

If it's very first books then maybe The Very Hungry Caterpillar?

emmaMBC Tue 21-Jul-15 09:23:15

Have you seen the Orla Kiely range of board books? Just beautiful!

I'd also recommend Eric Carle's Brown Bear, Brown Bear.

LostMySocks Fri 24-Jul-15 22:08:45

DS loves One Mole Digging a Hole, Snail and the Whale, the Elephant and the Bad Baby, Tiger who Came to Tea, The Very Busy Spider, Toddle Waddle (I hide this every couple of weeks for a day or so to stop me going insane), Down in the Woods at Sleeping Time,

PaulineFossil Mon 27-Jul-15 19:10:31

My two both loved This little Baby (nice black and white photos of babies) and Busy Babies and Noisy Babies by Helen Stephenson, I think.

Candycoco Mon 27-Jul-15 19:21:18

Dogs by Emily Gravett
Orange Pear Apple Bear also by Emily Gravett

HuftysTrain Mon 27-Jul-15 19:24:34

My favorite baby books, which I buy for everyone, are Peepo and Each Peach Pear Plum.

SusieFlo Wed 29-Jul-15 21:57:42

My son's favourite book as a baby was Say Goodnight to the Sleepy Animals by Ian Whybrow, which you can get as a board book or a large format paperback. There are quite a few others in the same series too and he liked all of them.

SusieFlo Wed 29-Jul-15 22:00:20

Also the Dr Seuss ABC book became a big hit with my son when he was around 12 months old

GetTheFudgeOutOfRodge Wed 29-Jul-15 22:10:33

Susie, my DD loves that series of books. Say Hello to the Snowy Animals has been her bedtime story for at least a year now!

claptomania Mon 03-Aug-15 16:30:41

More Emily Gravett - Monkey & Me. Beautiful and fun to read. Also Rainbow Rob for a slightly smaller baby. Bright & very robust!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now