Talk

Advanced search

DS likes Fantastic Mr Fox. What else?

(7 Posts)
UncertainTea Tue 05-May-15 10:03:53

I can't say I'm overly enamoured...but it is the only book he will sit down and listen to me read to him before bed. I've a couple of books with short stories (1-2) pages in but I think it's time he started to listen to slightly longer stories.

If your DC enjoyed Mr Fox, what else did they like?

Takver Tue 05-May-15 11:30:53

Might he like the Danny Fox books? Out of print, but you can pick them up for pennies on Abebooks. (You definitely need to read 'Danny Fox' first, the others are sequels.)

Leeds2 Tue 05-May-15 17:40:45

Would he go for any of the other shorter Roald Dahl books, such as The Giraffe, the Pelly and Me, or the Twits?

emmaMBC Wed 06-May-15 20:05:28

Take a look at The Grunts series. I've always had a great reaction when reading this one out loud, style is similar to Dahl.

Also have a look at Dixie O Day plus Cakes in Space , these work well for those just getting used to longer stories.

UncertainTea Thu 07-May-15 12:36:21

Thanks. I've ordered some more Roald Dahl ones and shall see how we get on. I like the look of those others too, so shall get them when I have some money to do another order!

madamehooch Fri 08-May-15 08:39:09

The Mr Gum books by Andy Stanton

Corneliusmurphy Fri 08-May-15 08:49:56

We liked fantastic Mr fox, actually all the Roald Dahl I've tried has been enjoyed (especially the magic finger & georges marvellous medicine) the faraway tree went down well, but not the wishing chair and they really like spy dog.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now