Talk

Advanced search

Best book about Daddy for 2 year old?

(11 Posts)
RainDancer Mon 15-Dec-14 22:40:24

I want to find a book about Daddy for my DH's Christmas stocking so that he can read it to our 2 year old DD. She already has 'I love my Daddy' which she loves. Any good recommendations?

berberana Tue 16-Dec-14 07:22:00

There's a nice one called Me and My Dad but it's a big hardback so wouldn't fit in a stocking! Book People sometimes sell it in a set with Me and My Mum! They're about bears!

FishWithABicycle Tue 16-Dec-14 07:26:15

There's one called something like "my amazing dad" which was a cbeebies bedtime story recently and we've also had out of the library. A baby crocodile finds out what his friends' dads are good at (hiding, running etc) and wonders what his dad does. It's lovely.

LeMooseSeTaitANoel Tue 16-Dec-14 07:34:04

"Sorry dad" Maxine lee www.amazon.co.uk/Sorry-Dad-Maxine-Lee/dp/1848574045

It is cute and funny, and sums up the relationship and the behaviour of a child very well.

Seeline Tue 16-Dec-14 09:24:30

My 2 DCs loved Clever Daddy www.amazon.co.uk/Clever-Daddy-Maddie-Stewart/dp/0744598060
It's a rhyming story and we all new it off by heart eventually grin

RainDancer Tue 16-Dec-14 13:14:57

Fab suggestions. Thanks everyone.

HolyDrinker Tue 16-Dec-14 13:20:11

Anthony Brown 'My Dad' is great. Beautiful illustrations, which are funny and prompt lots of chatter and questions from small people.

IvyMay Tue 16-Dec-14 13:34:29

Definitely agree with Anthony Brown's "My Dad" - just lovely. Makes me tear up now though just thinking about the last few pages..
"I love my Dad...and you know what?

He loves me. And he always will."

And remembering DH reading it to our son just after his own father had died...A sad but beautiful memory if you know what I mean.

gingemum Tue 16-Dec-14 14:30:40

Personalised My daddy... book from love2read has been a great hit in our house

parsnipthecat Tue 16-Dec-14 14:43:18

My Dad is Fantastic by Igloo books is a favourite here

Feellikescrooge Mon 22-Dec-14 16:43:59

'Can't you sleep little bear' is lovely about a dad and child, my children all adored it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now