Talk

Advanced search

Digital Books

(3 Posts)
TikDalton Mon 24-Nov-14 21:35:35

Hello Mumsnet!

I'm writing a piece for my Publishing course at University on whether putting games into children's digital books is an innovation or if it corrupts the act of reading and learning.
I would love it if you guys could give me some opinions on the topic as I'm trying to state the general feeling parents have but there are limited reports on the subject.

Thanks very much in advance!

schmalex Tue 25-Nov-14 15:41:52

I think putting games in books takes away from the experience and is trying to turn it into something else entirely. My son loves reading books, partly because it is one on one time with a parent. Reading isn't always interactive and a game, but it's a useful skill for life. Learning to imagine for yourself is also very important.

schmalex Tue 25-Nov-14 15:43:18

I think putting games in books takes away from the experience and is trying to turn it into something else entirely. My son loves reading books, partly because it is one on one time with a parent. Reading isn't always interactive and a game, but it's a useful skill for life. Learning to imagine for yourself is also very important.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now