Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Recommendations needed for books to buy 9 year old boy and girl

(7 Posts)
rugbychick Sat 22-Nov-14 11:35:29

Title says it all really. What can I buy for 9 year old twins, boy and girl. Don't really know way they are in too. I will give their Mum the receipts in a separate envelope as a just in case

3bunnies Sat 22-Nov-14 13:32:52

You could give them books 1&2 in the land of stories series. Dd1 is 9 and really enjoys them as have boys she knows. It involves boy and girl twins who are taken into a parallel world of fairy tales. It is written for older children (8+). I would say fantasy adventure. Possibly more popular with girls than boys but suitable for both.

Ludways Sat 22-Nov-14 14:39:07

My ds who is now 13, was really into the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series, dd 9, has just started to read them and loves them too.

rugbychick Sat 22-Nov-14 17:04:32

Thanks for the recommendations

BlueChampagne Sat 22-Nov-14 23:09:41

Book tokens or Amazon vouchers? Bit of a cop out but they get the fun of choosing.

Leeds2 Mon 24-Nov-14 09:46:02

Middle School series, for either.

Dork Diaries very popular with girls of that age.

TheAlias Mon 24-Nov-14 09:54:50

I'm always torn on the vouchers thing Blue. I remember thinking it was a boring present as a child but DH remembers book tokens as the best present ever, because as you say, not only did he get new books, he got to go and choose them.

My DSs have both loved the Cherub series although I'm not entirely convinced they're suitable for 9yos, they have certainly kept them reading.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now