Talk

Advanced search

Clarice Bean - which ones are 'proper books'? Can't figure it out!

(7 Posts)
IHeartKingThistle Sun 26-Oct-14 22:40:28

Got Utterly Me from the charity shop and DD (7) has LOVED it. I was going to get the rest of the books for her birthday but seems like some of them are picture books? I can't figure out which ones are paperback style - anyone know? Does she need the picture books too for it to make sense?

Thanks! So many question marks!

RueDeWakening Thu 30-Oct-14 20:58:07

We have My Uncle is a Hunkle and...um, another one of the Clarice Bean picture books - they're definitely aimed at an older audience than the typical picture book, I'd say they're fine up to age 7 or so. I've not come across the novel style ones so not sure how they compare.

OddBoots Thu 30-Oct-14 21:01:14

The Amazon 'look inside' feature is good for checking out the style of a book. smile

SanityClause Thu 30-Oct-14 21:10:10

Clarke Bean Spells Trouble is a "real" book. Also, your DD might like the Ruby Redfort book(s?).

DD1 is 15, and reads Shakespeare plays for pleasure, and she still loves Clarice Bean.

TheReluctantBiker Thu 30-Oct-14 21:14:28

My dds LOVE clarice bean

Older dd loves ruby r as well

IME even the picture books are well loved and good fun

bigTillyMint Thu 30-Oct-14 21:19:03

I love Clarice Bean! They are all proper books - just because they have pictures doesn't make them not a proper book. The illustrations and font styles and everything are just fab.

Ruby Redfort books are good for older readers - younger children may be able to decode them, but they probably won't get as much from them as an older child IYSWIM.

IHeartKingThistle Fri 31-Oct-14 01:40:27

I didn't know I had replies! Thanks so much, pleased there's quite a few for her and me to get stuck into.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now