Talk

Advanced search

no thread about the new percy jackson yet??? Blood of Olympus

(8 Posts)
oslomum Tue 14-Oct-14 11:28:13

dd1 had a count down in her work planner, pestered me the day (7th Oct) it came out to take her to WHSMmith, dd2 fighting to read it as well....and I see no thread about this exciting event???

oslomum Tue 14-Oct-14 17:04:45

oh, ds has "stolen" it from dd1's room now

emmaMBC Fri 17-Oct-14 17:17:47

HUGE Percy Jackson fans in this house too.

EvilRingahBitch Sat 18-Oct-14 09:30:12

I've bought it secretly for DD for an Xmas Stocking filler because it was 1/2 price in WH Smith. I'm heroically resisting the temptation to read before wrapping - but nothing will ever top the Battle of Manhattan.

LeMousquetaireAnonyme Tue 04-Nov-14 11:00:18

Oh! There is a new one! DD1 is fanatical about it so much that she is actually reading too much...

LeMousquetaireAnonyme Tue 04-Nov-14 11:00:59

thanks for the tips!

oslomum Sat 08-Nov-14 21:37:14

Have just finished reading myself a "spin off" "The Greek Gods". I was nearly about the say written by Percy Jackson himself....
It came out Aug of this year, and as all 4 in the family had to read it, I ended up with a fine from the library (it was reserved by someone else).

beatricequimby Sat 08-Nov-14 22:32:02

DS saved up for it and got it the day after it came out. He reads and rereads them. The old Roger Lancelyn Green children's books of Greek and Viking myths have been reprinted with intros by Rick Riordan, maybe good for Christmas.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now