Talk

Advanced search

Books for 2 half/3 year old boy

(14 Posts)
HappyLucyLou Mon 06-Oct-14 11:53:22

Hello, starting my Christmas shopping and want to buy my boy some good books. I borrowed the gruffalo's child soundbook off a friend he loves that. He loves spot the dog and other similar flap books (they are just a little too short for bedtime story) Want something long enough for bedtime stories but not so long that a 2 year old gives up after the first few pages. Anyone got any books they'd recommend that have been a hit?

Edenviolet Mon 06-Oct-14 12:00:13

Ds2 (2.5) loves topsy and tim books, we also have a book called 'I want to see the moon' that he adores and makes us read many times.

HappyLucyLou Mon 06-Oct-14 12:03:22

He LOVES Topsy and Tim, brilliant idea thanks! Will have a look at the other too. Thanks for the reply smile

emmaMBC Tue 07-Oct-14 12:05:03

Time, For Bed Fred! is beautiful, and as the title would suggest ... great for bedtime.

When It Snows is a great wintery book to enjoy.

You can't go wrong with a picture book from Oliver Jeffers, my favourite has to be The Day the Crayons Quit. There is a lot in this one, so you'll get a lot out of it. Plus, I've heard a follow up to it has been planned!

Finally, Chris Haughton's books always make us giggle. They are beautifully designed and beautifully told.

JuniperTisane Tue 07-Oct-14 12:07:05

Hugless Douglas stories are a nice length.

SkaterGrrrrl Tue 11-Nov-14 16:23:13

Second Chris Haughton, mine loves Oh No George.

Goodnight Moon

Yuk Said The Yak

Peepo

RiverTam Tue 11-Nov-14 16:25:55

Alfie books by Shirley Hughes
Harry and the Bucketful of Dinosaur books (not the TV tie-ins, the original ones)
Little Red Train books
The Lonely Beast/The Brave Beast

all good stories with lovely illustrations.

chipstick2810 Tue 11-Nov-14 21:27:08

My son has just turned 4, but for the last year or two he has (almost exclusively confused) insisted on Topsy and Tim, Peppa Pig, Curious George or Meg and Mog series of books. He doesn't watch too much TV, honest....

chipstick2810 Tue 11-Nov-14 21:32:12

Oh and he also used to love We Love
Bunk Beds, Say Goodnight To the Sleepy Animals and Moon Rabbit. I think we got them in a bedtime story pack from the Book People and these were his favourites for a while. They're all very sweet and calming before bed.

BikeRunSki Tue 11-Nov-14 21:36:54

Winnie the Witch books
Anything by Oliver Jeffers
Nuddy Ned
Alfie books, and Shirley Hughes' others

BikeRunSki Tue 11-Nov-14 21:37:53

Nick Sherratt books too

Lovelydiscusfish Wed 12-Nov-14 21:06:40

We're loving the Percy the Park Keeper series at the moment.
Funnybones too.
And getting in to Hairy Maclary.

MoreSnowPlease Wed 12-Nov-14 21:09:20

You could work through a longer book? We are currently reading winnie the pooh nook which is really long but just read sections each night, ds loves it

Luciferbox Wed 12-Nov-14 21:14:45

Another vote for the brave/lonely beast by Chris Judge. It's my DH favourite book of all time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now