Talk

Advanced search

Help With Writing an Inscription for Ds, Please

(9 Posts)
JellySnakesLadderedTights Thu 28-Aug-14 22:09:30

I lost my dad a couple of years ago. One of the things that upsets me is not having anything with his handwriting on it.

My Ds is only a little baby, but I am going to get him a keepsake book, that he can have for the rest of his life, and I am going to put a handwritten message in it from me.

The only thing is that I don't know how to put it.
I want it to be about how I love him unconditionally, and how I would like him to always be himself

Please could you help me?

KidLitMum Tue 02-Sep-14 11:21:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

emmaMBC Tue 02-Sep-14 15:16:45

How about finding a poem that you could use?

JellySnakesLadderedTights Fri 12-Sep-14 17:53:32

Have only just noticed the responses to this thread.
I have not written anything yet. Any help would still be appreciated smile

youbethemummylion Fri 12-Sep-14 17:55:34

If you cant think of anything yourself write a quote. Dr Seuss books are good for quotes about being yourself etc

Hassled Fri 12-Sep-14 17:58:57

Do you know that book The Little Prince? There are all sorts of wonderful quotes in there.

But tbh I think something simple like "All my love, Mum" would mean just as much. I have quite a lot of my mother's handwriting, but nothing addressed to me so I think what you're doing is lovely.

feelingmellow Fri 12-Sep-14 18:21:11

during the first year or so of my marriagemy mother used to write to me almost weekly, with recipes she thought i would like to cook. I used to throw them away as I'm not at all domesticated and I thought she was really old fashioned. She diesd several years ago and recently I came across an old letter of hers that I hadn't thrown away. It contained a recipe for macaroni cheese. A simple letter, but it reminded me of her so much. Why wasn't I more gracious in thanking her?

JellySnakesLadderedTights Sat 13-Sep-14 21:00:32

flowers to all of you that have lost loved ones. It's a horrible thing to go through.

Thanks to everyone who has responded to this thread. I appreciate it.

JellySnakesLadderedTights Sat 29-Nov-14 22:27:32

Just bumping this thread in case any other ideas.
I was going to get ds a special keepsake book for his first Christmas.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now