Talk

Advanced search

French books ?

(8 Posts)
BertieBotts Wed 16-Apr-14 12:38:43

Definitely comics are a good place to start and will be more suitable for her age group than simple stories which might be aimed at younger children.

When I was at school I ordered a French magazine which had cartoons, stories, letters, jokes etc. Aimed at children learning French, not French children. You could ask the school if they know of any?

BlueChampagne Wed 16-Apr-14 12:36:18

Asterix? Plenty of pictures to help!

IndianMummy Tue 15-Apr-14 08:41:14

the Madeline books are lovely

Louise1956 Sun 23-Mar-14 19:02:40

Try getting some of the Asterix books in french, they are good fun.

IndridCold Sun 23-Mar-14 11:33:39

Have a look at the Petit Nicolas books. They are quite easy to read and funny, and the little drawings are hilarious.

kittermum Thu 20-Mar-14 14:27:05

All the collection of stories from Usbourne are translated into French, they should be on Amazon : you'll know what you are getting.

SometimesLonely Tue 18-Mar-14 19:30:08

What about trying Amazon. Look at this:

Children's Books In French - amazon.co.uk‎

As for your GCSE days, you'll be surprised at how easy it will be. I did it after more than 30 years.

angiebaby0178 Tue 18-Mar-14 09:09:06

My dd2 who is 8 is learning some basic French at school , I still possibly have some recollection of the language from my gcse days 8)
I was wondering if there are any basic French story books that I could attempt to read to her ?
thus improving both our skills ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now