Talk

Advanced search

Good books to teach about opposites and nouns, pronouns ro 3 yr old?

(2 Posts)
Tinytoto Mon 27-May-13 13:25:14

Hi all,

My DS of 3 yrs is seeing a SALT and doesn't quite grasp the his/hers, most/ some/ all, yours/ mine etc and am wondering if there is any books out there to teach him ?

Also which books are good to teach about opposites, short/ tall etc

I just create examples through his toys but maybe I am thinking pics will help?

I am clueless! :/
TIA xx

RosemaryandThyme Mon 27-May-13 13:45:11

Visit to libary for opposites books - lots available from ladybird books, don't buy as you'll go through loads and all a range will give you more coverage.
Also consider games for opposite matching, lots on ebay.

most/some/all - here your looking for first MATHS books - workbooks really - get him circling pictures, matching etc, WHSmith for colourful pricey ones, pound land for plainer books that do the same job.

yours /mine / his / hers - not found in general kids books - go back to SALT - ask what the problem identified actually IS - ie does child not understand the CONCEPT of ownership - ie this ball is mine that ball is yours, or do they understand but not articulate correctly.
(you can of course test this yourself by giving him a bag of sweets then snatching it off of him and eating one - if he protests you can be sure he has no conceptual difficulty !!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now