Talk

Advanced search

educational magazine for dd age 6

(12 Posts)
goodgrief54 Sun 19-May-13 10:55:27

hi i am thinking of subscribing to a magazine for my dd any recommendations? we have loads of books but hoping a magazine will help boost her confidence in reading and also play to her creative strengths at the same time. thanks smile

PestoSwimissimos Sun 19-May-13 10:57:32

National Geographic Kids

bettycoast Sun 19-May-13 10:58:49

National Geographic Kids.

HandOfTheKing Sun 19-May-13 11:21:00

Amazon local have a National Geographic Kids 6 months subscription for £9 at the moment. Just done it for my six year old for exactly the same reason! Really good value.

wheredidiputit Sun 19-May-13 11:28:47

discoverybox or adventurebox. My eldest gets National Geographic for kids and loves it. DD2 who is nearly 6 has story box magazine which she loves.

goodgrief54 Sun 19-May-13 13:57:43

Thanks all - National Geographic looks definite favourite - will probably suit my DS best.

HandOfTheKing I have just signed up to National Geographic through the Amazon local - fantastic deal - thanks.

Wheredidiputit - I had not heard of these before but they look great and will sign up for DD.

Campaspe Sun 19-May-13 16:59:42

How about investigating a magazine called Storybox? It features a mix of stories, puzzles, facts etc and my DD - aged 6 - is really enjoying her subscription. It doesn't have any adverts and is only available via subscription.

christinarossetti Tue 28-May-13 10:32:42

That's useful. Dcs took their pocket money to the shop to get a magazine this week and 6 (just) year old dd couldn't find anything - she ended up with a Jacqueline Wilson one which is okay, but doesn't have enough in it for her to 'do'.

changejustforyou Tue 28-May-13 17:30:06

dd 6y got adventure box for Xmas and really likes it. I had ever heard of it before.

changejustforyou Tue 28-May-13 17:31:43

dde 2 has national geographics and likes that a lot as well but she is 10

Periwinkle007 Tue 28-May-13 19:20:19

we have a subscription to http://www.okido.co.uk/ which my 5 year old likes. We used to get puffin post but sadly it is no more grin(

Periwinkle007 Tue 28-May-13 22:16:23

Oops my smiley should have been sad. We loved puffin post

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now