Talk

Advanced search

Roald Dahl

(7 Posts)
janie2 Fri 28-Sep-12 21:35:31

Hi all you bookworms!
My 4 year old daughter has come home from school with news that next Friday is Roald Dahl day and the children are to dress up as thier favourite character.
Rightly or wrongly I haven't got her into Roald Dahl yet. So which book should I buy this weekend so we can read it and has a character I can easily dress her as? My memory of the characters is hazy but I obviously remember how fabuous the books were! The twits being my favourite!
Thank you in advance!

burmac Fri 28-Sep-12 22:51:44

Matilda? She might be too young - I don't remember the text very well. Think Fantastic Mr Fox is for younger kids and she could dress up as Boggis, Bunce or Bean?

Devora Fri 28-Sep-12 22:52:42

Put her in a nightie and a pair of glasses and she can be Sophie from BFG.

WofflingOn Fri 28-Sep-12 22:55:06

The Enormous Crocodile is a good one for reception, and she could be one of the children or one of the other characters like MuggleWump or the Roly-poly bird.

Littlemissimpatient Fri 28-Sep-12 23:00:11

James and the giant peach! Loads of Halloween costumes in shops just now pumpkin=peach kinda
I also liked esio trot.
Matilda or the witches would be the easiest to dress up as

boogiewoogie Sat 29-Sep-12 00:12:56

There will be lots of girls dressed up as Matilda I imagine. I like Little Miss' suggestion of going as a peach. She could go as any of the bugs from James and the Giant. How about Verucca Salt from Charlie and the chocolate factory? Dress her up to the nines!

janie2 Sat 29-Sep-12 09:08:45

Great, thank you so much! All of the characters are very slowly coming back to me!
Will get a couple of theses suggestions and read them and see what she thinks.
I knew MN would come to the rescue! xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now