Talk

Advanced search

Long shot. Does anyone know...

(16 Posts)
tiggy114 Mon 24-Sep-12 07:34:56

What book i'm refering to. It's a book i had as a young child (i'm 33 now!) and it's a pop uo movable book. All i can remember was it was different rooms in a monsters house/castle. And in the bedroom, baby monster was smearing mummies lipstick all over her face. And as you pulled the tab, the lipstick went up and down across her face. I loved this book soooo much and would love to find it again. Anyone know what it is???

PoppadomPreach Mon 24-Sep-12 07:41:17

the haunted house?

PoppadomPreach Mon 24-Sep-12 07:45:35

or this?

comixminx Mon 24-Sep-12 07:50:35

Jan Pienkowski, as linked to above, is definitely your go-to author for cool pop-up books. Can't specifically remember the lipstick bit and we had the Haunted House, so perhaps try the other first.

WofflingOn Mon 24-Sep-12 07:53:04

Did it have an octopus doing the washing up, and end with a box in the attic with something sawing its way out? A black cat whose yellow eyes moved?
Haunted house by JP.

InMySpareTime Mon 24-Sep-12 07:55:39

It's not haunted house, I just looked through my copy, no baby lipstick monster.

tiggy114 Mon 24-Sep-12 09:46:08

Not those but haunted house looks cool though. May invest as a halloween treat for my toddler grin

tiggy114 Mon 24-Sep-12 09:50:11

Just googled J P. Oh my god i remember all those books! Meg the mog! They're sooooo expensive though i wouldn't dare let my DD touch one! I want them for me!

timewastingonhere Mon 24-Sep-12 09:52:52

I remember this...the lipstick was all smeared on the baby with a sort of detachable mirror - I would have said Haunted House as we had that book but if someone has checked it then I'm not sure....unless its been edited out in newer versions....

pumpkinsweetie Mon 24-Sep-12 09:54:57

I think i had that book, it had a witch in it!
Will research for you, because now my mind is boggled to what it was called!

tiggy114 Mon 24-Sep-12 09:55:20

Timewaste you are RIGHT! Thank god i'm not going mad! Sooo pleased someone else remembers. I'm gonna show my mum the cover of haunted house when i see her this aft, see if she recognises it.

pumpkinsweetie Mon 24-Sep-12 09:57:56

Try this site

www.goodreads.com/list/tag/childrens

timewastingonhere Mon 24-Sep-12 12:38:37

I still think it was Haunted House or maybe the same author published another book at the same time similar in style, but I remember the octopus at the kitchen sink- this thread has made me smile on an otherwise bland day....

InMySpareTime Mon 24-Sep-12 12:46:40

My haunted house was from when I was a child <hoarder of booksblush>, no lipstick monster.
Jan Pienkowski did do another book called "little Monsters" which had a monster wearing lipstick, and a mirror at the end.

timewastingonhere Mon 24-Sep-12 14:09:21

In my spare time, that must be it...., like you I'm a fellow hoarder but I know those pop ups are with my brother as technically they were his....!

Thank you for the update grin

heading to amazon now

tiggy114 Mon 24-Sep-12 17:28:27

Little monsters requested at the library. Can't wait till it comes to see if it's the same one grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now