Talk

Advanced search

World Book Day and 4 yo DS - trying to be organised

(5 Posts)
HappyAsEyeAm Sat 22-Sep-12 07:56:07

I am on maternity leave at the moment, so I'm trying to get as much organised in advance of my return to work. DS started reception this year, and like most schools, the children dress up as a character from a book on World Book Day.

Any ideas for DS please? Favourute books are Paddington, Meg and Mog, Topsy and Tim, any Julia Donaldon - loads, really. But he doesn't like Disney and doesn't watch films.

I am not at all creative, so I'd need a fair bit og guidance is I am to put something together myself. I don't have a sewing machine. But I am very willing to buy a costume!

HappyHippyChick Sat 22-Sep-12 08:02:03

I made a cat in the hat costume, giant stripy hat made of paper and painted, black t shirt and trousers, a tail made of a tights leg and painted on whiskers (I am the least crafty person ever and it looked ok).

Or you could buy this!

Good luck!

Takver Sat 22-Sep-12 11:22:16

We did Paddington one year - dd had a duffel style coat so we pinned on a label saying 'Please look after this bear' and she carried a small cardboard box (or lunchbox would do) with a big sticky label saying "Marmalade Sandwiches".

HappyAsEyeAm Sat 22-Sep-12 21:37:06

Happy the Gruffalo's Child costume on the mothercare site would be perfect for Ds. I am going to suggest it to anyone who asks for an idea for a Christmas gift for him.

Takver I love the Paddington idea! Its a lovely one.

Takver Sat 22-Sep-12 21:44:52

Happy - my friend's ds was given a Gruffalo costume as a birthday present (4th birthday) and LOVED it & wore it pretty much 24:7 for about a year.

But, you might want to double check size, if it is the same one it came up quite small and his mum had to do some improvising & extending before he could get into it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now