Talk

Advanced search

Wordless Comic Strip Books for 5yr old boy

(5 Posts)
MissWooWoo Thu 20-Sep-12 09:52:31

Can anyone recommend any comic strip style books for a 5 year old boy - ones that tell a story but don't have any words (other than the odd KAPOW! or somesuch). He's too old for books that just have pictures in iyswim but is not able to read yet so "proper" comic strip books are probably not much use.

I know nothing of this world of comics!

countydurhamlass Thu 20-Sep-12 19:32:19

my ds started off with cbeebies magazine and thomas the tank engine, fireman sam - they did have words in it but it didnt stop his enjoyment as he got older he would recognise certain words which i believed help him learn to read/ find enjoyment in reading. he is now 8 and we buy scooby doo, spiderman, beano etc and he will still look at all the pictures first then go back and try to read all the words.m n i think its all part of the fun and learning so i wouldnt be too worried about whether or not he can read the words cos its amazing how much children do know and dont let on or can pick up on their own!

Rooble Thu 20-Sep-12 19:46:05

In an entirely different vein, we have a book called Tuesday by David Wiesner (about £5 on Amazon), which tells a story using only pictures. But not a traditional comic strip. But v good all the same

MissWooWoo Fri 21-Sep-12 13:04:01

thanks both, the David Wiesner book looks amazing and think I will get it for my own DD

iseenodust Fri 21-Sep-12 16:18:02

Not quite wordless but great for what I think you want
Comic style

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now