Talk

Advanced search

Books to help with the tricky stuff - taking away bottles/dummies etc

(7 Posts)
Kaja Fri 07-Sep-12 10:03:32

Hi all...

Would anyone know of any books which deal with some of the trickier parenting moments like the following:

stopping the bedtime bottle
taking away the dummy
weaning them off their blankie
moving into a big bed from a cot

anything like that...?

Any help greatly appreciated!

DisorderlyNights Sat 08-Sep-12 16:10:36

I can't think of any about the experiences you mention -probably because I co-sleep and breastfeed so haven't needed those particular things addressed - a picture book on why biting your Mothers nipple is a bad idea would be good though grin

Large bookstores tend to have a new experiences section, with books about mummy having a new baby, starting school, etc so that would be worth checking, at least for the cot to bed one and possibly dummy.

Kaja Sat 08-Sep-12 23:16:52

Thanks Disorderly - and my sympathy for the biting incident! I ended up literally macerated...!

gazzalw Sat 22-Sep-12 17:35:39

Yes, there's a 'dummy' one called something like The Noo-Noo - even though our DCs didn't use dummies at all we definitely read it to both of them during their picture-book years..... Hope you manage to track it down!

TheWishaTree Fri 28-Sep-12 19:30:08

It's called The Last Noo-Noo, it's brilliant!! Very supportive of children still wanting their dummies, but also very funny.

deleted203 Sat 06-Oct-12 03:33:28

The Last Noo by Jill Murphy (who also wrote The Large Family). Brilliant book.

deleted203 Sat 06-Oct-12 03:33:44

Sorry, should have read The Last Noo Noo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now