Talk

Advanced search

David Walliams I love you

(8 Posts)
Curiousmama Fri 21-Oct-11 14:36:28

I've been trying for ages to get DS2 interested in books as literacy is his weakest subject. He's yr 6 now. Anyway, he heard an extract from David Walliams' book and he wants it smile Have to wait until it's in the shops though. I just ordered his 3 other books from the Book people for £4.99. I didn't even know he wrote? Must admit the book, Gangsta Gran or something, sounds a bit rude but ds2 hears worse (I think?).

DrNortherner Fri 21-Oct-11 14:37:35

My ds loves his books. We've read Boy in a dress and Mr Stink. Didn't know he'd done a new one.....

Curiousmama Fri 21-Oct-11 15:11:13

yes he was plugging it on Jonathon Ross. Am so happy I've even joined Twitter to stalk follow Mr Walliams grin

Curiousmama Mon 24-Oct-11 12:34:02

Well I'm so so happy with the Book People, they 3 books I ordered (bargain £4.99) came this morning in time for us going on our holiday tomorrow grin So ds2 should be doing some reading? The weather forecast is mixed so may have to spend a good bit of time indoors?

bran Mon 24-Oct-11 12:47:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Curiousmama Mon 24-Oct-11 23:34:09

Ooo fantastic I'll look out for them thanks smile

JiltedJohnsGhoulie Tue 25-Oct-11 07:03:18

We love his books too. Have just read Mr Stink and we are now reading The Boy who wore a dress.

Hope you have a lovely holiday.

Curiousmama Tue 25-Oct-11 11:31:56

Thanks Jilted smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now