Talk

Advanced search

Please come and suggest read-aloud Hallowe'en books!

(10 Posts)
HopeForTheBest Tue 11-Oct-11 16:25:48

I am doing some readings in a couple of weeks' time. Age range of children will be from small (around 2 or 3) up to about 10.
I need some suitable Hallowe'en-themed stories, pref. picture books, and none too long (kids come and go during the readings, rather than sit for half an hour or whatever).

Room on the Broom is absolutely ideal in every way, so I'm really hoping for something along those lines.

Any ideas gratefully received! smile

Campaspe Tue 11-Oct-11 18:18:05

Just reading "Ready, Steady, Ghost" to my 4 yo DD and she loves it. We also have the Angelina Ballerina Halloween story, which would appeal to girls of the age you mention I think.

There is another book called "The Ghost Library", again a lovely picture book, but sorry, I can't recall who the author is.

goosiegander Wed 12-Oct-11 10:06:34

The Big Book of Magical Mix Ups by Nick Sharratt - gives hours of hilarious fun.

gramercy Wed 12-Oct-11 19:49:00

We have a book of the rhyme, "In a dark, dark wood, there's a dark, dark house....." and so on and so on.

V popular with the dcs.

AnyoneButLulu Wed 12-Oct-11 19:51:38

Funny Bones by the Ahlbergs, also Ghost Train in the same series.

SickleBOO Wed 12-Oct-11 20:10:50

Yy to Funny Bones. I love that book grin

HauntForTheBeast Thu 13-Oct-11 19:34:11

Thank you everyone!
Amazon has my order, hope everything gets here in time smile

MrsHeffley Fri 14-Oct-11 15:06:08

The Witches Supermarket,Room on the Broom,Winnie the Witch and the Magic Pumpkin.

AddamsflimFlamily Fri 14-Oct-11 15:11:15

Spookyrumpus
It rhymes too, and counts down from 12.

VixAM Thu 20-Oct-11 19:55:16

Barefoot Books have quite a few that are in the sale at the moment, with tales from all around the world.
Tales of Mystery and Magic £9.99 Ages 8+ (Comes with a story CD).
The Barefoot Book of Monsters £8.99. Ages 3-7.
The Barefoot Book of Giants, Ghosts and Goblins £10.99 Ages 5-11 (Comes with a story CD).
www.watfordbarefootbooks.co.uk

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now