Talk

Advanced search

Do you remember reading This is The Bear or Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? as a child?

(13 Posts)
nappyaddict Mon 10-Oct-11 22:34:28

Just came across them on The Book People and I'm sure I read these when I was younger.

Has anyone read them more recently to their DC and if so are they any good?

ASuitableGirl Mon 10-Oct-11 22:39:37

I never read them as a child but have This is the Bear and another one in that series to both DS and DD and we all enjoyed them (think they are still on DD's bookshelf smile)

When DD and I went to a music class Brown Bear, Brown Bear what do you see was used one week. I wasn't as keen on that one I have to admit.

nappyaddict Mon 10-Oct-11 23:15:33

Also on the bear theme, The Little Bear books written by Else Holmelund Minarik.

sunshine241083 Sat 15-Oct-11 22:20:10

My daughter loves brown bear ,bown bear what do you see? it is one of her many favorites

neolara Sat 15-Oct-11 22:23:51

Brown Bear, Brown Bear has been a top favourite for 2 of my dcs and it's one of the few books I don't mind even after the 100th + (literally!) reading.

Takver Sun 16-Oct-11 09:25:49

Don't remember This is the Bear from my childhood (maybe I'm too old smile ) but dd had it and it is absolutely lovely, would def. recommend

nappyaddict Mon 17-Oct-11 09:32:23

bump

mamsnet Wed 19-Oct-11 17:47:41

My children, particularly DD, loved this. It didn't last as long as some other books have, though.

nappyaddict Thu 20-Oct-11 08:48:47

Which one mamsnet? Did you have any of them when you were younger?

YougreatPumpkinmousse Thu 20-Oct-11 08:52:06

DD1 is in love with Little Bear - we have the books and have just discovered him on a random channel called TinyPop. She has been able to recite the whole of Brown Bear, Brown Bear since about the 3rd reading but still asks for it nightly 18mo later!

FlossieFromCrapstonVillas Thu 20-Oct-11 08:58:51

My ds loves this book, I didn't know it when I was young though.

AlmaMartyr Thu 20-Oct-11 08:59:44

We have This is the Bear and others in the series I think. DD likes them although I don't really enjoy reading them much. Not heard of the other one.

izzybizzybuzzybees Thu 20-Oct-11 09:09:29

We have brown bear brown bear what do you see....I could write out all the words for it even though its been months since we've read it...in fact its currently hidden under the couch cos I was going mad reading it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now