Talk

Advanced search

That's not my teddy/rabbit/puppy

(12 Posts)
ellesabe Wed 28-Sep-11 21:39:44

Would these books be too babyish for a 13mo?

squeaver Wed 28-Sep-11 21:40:27

No. My 6 yo still sometimes digs hers out from under the bed.

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 02-Oct-11 17:36:24

Not at all, think half the time they just enjoy the comfort of sitting on your knee and sharing a book.

I picked up quite a few of these at my local NCT Nearly New Sale so it may be worth giving them a try.

AyesToTheRight Sun 02-Oct-11 17:39:11

Definitely not too babyish - my 6 year old has recently been re-reading them as well smile

They are good for beginner readers I think too as they are able to succeed at reading them due to the repetition and get the satisfaction at having read a book smile

FruitSaladIsNotPudding Sun 02-Oct-11 17:43:23

How could any book be too babyish for a 13mo baby??

Jbck Sun 02-Oct-11 17:43:42

Tesco have a box set of 3 stories, can't remember which ones but its a cute pressie.

LilQueenie Thu 06-Oct-11 14:58:56

DD is 13 weeks andI read it to her lol

Campaspe Thu 06-Oct-11 19:02:22

I always think the basic rule is that if your child loves them, and wants you to read them, then they are age appropriate!

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 06-Oct-11 20:34:39

Couldn't agree more Campaspe.

OP why not get some from the library and see?

ChippingIn Thu 06-Oct-11 20:39:07

They drive me nuts!!

'That's not my tractor - its wheels are too bumpy'

Not that is a great huge fecking green thing when 'my' tractor is red.

It just annoys me how they pick such random small things when there are glaring differences.......

Anway - kids love them grin

kennythekangaroo Tue 11-Oct-11 16:56:24

Don't forget to find the mouse on each page.

This version made me chuckle the other day.

VixAM Thu 20-Oct-11 20:08:13

Have just looked at the above link - LOL!
My 17 month old still reads her's, but I stopped after about 4 as they were just to "samey" - the publishers need to work on learning some more adjectives and nouns!
Lo also likes the Ladybird Whose? Books - we've got several, and started with whose bottom? and whose baby? She likes them as you have to fold out the page to see who it is, and as they are board books they are sturdy enough for her to manage it on her own.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now