Talk

Advanced search

Book suggestions for ds3 to 4 please...

(7 Posts)
DoodleAlley Wed 28-Sep-11 16:36:01

DS has always loved books but he us getting bored with overly simple ones and I want to give him a selection if books for Christmas so thought I'd start planning now.

His favourite books are the pirate dinosaur series, Octonauts (though probably more because of the tv programme, Harry and his Bucuresti of dinosaurs and an usborne see inside castles.

He also loves childrens refence books about sea creatures, trucks/diggers etc, dinosaurs and castles but I'm generally thinking about fiction.

He's got a book with simple chapters in so I'm not completely against chapter but they do tend to lose some pictures as a result.

I feel like I always go for the more obvious choices, or tv tie ins or more of the same so would love your suggestions.

Thanks

DoodleAlley Wed 28-Sep-11 16:37:30

Bucaresti, whatever it means, was meant to read "bucket full".

Apologies

DoodleAlley Wed 28-Sep-11 19:34:40

Just bumping in case anyone has any suggestions...

wearymum200 Wed 28-Sep-11 20:36:47

Dinosaur cove are fairly simple chapter books, some pictures
I always find myself recommending alfie books because ds1 loved them and the pictures are just gorgeous
I think there is a series called pirate cove as well
Usborne have lots of fiction of varying difficulty, try their young readers series 1 for simple chapters and lots of colour pictures

DoodleAlley Wed 28-Sep-11 20:59:07

Thanks I'll look into those

munstersmum Wed 28-Sep-11 21:33:17

I always recommend the Yakari & the great eagle about native american boy - fab pictures.
Mudpuddle farm series for first chapter book - get the 6 in 1 for a bargain.
Sea Captain Ned (TV's Koala brothers) good story about making the best of what you've got + colour pics on every page.
Dinosaur cove books a big hit here with DS just 7 but there are lots of dino names to stumble over.

DoodleAlley Wed 28-Sep-11 22:18:36

Oh he adores dinosaur names and knows quite a few so he might like that!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now